All Treetops cooks must:
- have experience as a cook, preferably using natural and organic foods
- have experience cooking for large groups
- work well with others
- be able to prepare meals for vegetarians and individuals with food allergies
- have a complete knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving and kitchen procedures.
Throughout the summer, Treetops cooks will:
- prepare and cook three daily meals for up to 150 people
- supervise kitchen assistants
- prepare, cook, and serve meals independently
- learn and comply with appropriate ACA and NYS health department regulations
- prepare meals using fresh produce
- bake using whole grains
- help with staff snacks
- order trip food
- coordinate, prepare, and serve outdoor dinners
- put away food orders
- help with dishwashing and other routine kitchen chores
- work with children in a safe, positive, and supportive manner
- interact with camp director, program director, farm staff, trip food packers
- help clean and prepare the kitchen before the camp season begins
- help clean and close the camp kitchen when the season ends.
Apply to be a Treetops cook by filling out our online application.
For more information about our application, interview, and hiring process, please click here.