Kitchen assistants must:
- be a minimum of 17 years old
- have completed their junior year of high school prior to their summer of employment
- desire to work in a camp kitchen
- learn to do tasks as assigned
- be capable of accepting supervision
- work well with others
- be able to interact appropriately with campers.
Throughout the summer, kitchen assistants will:
- serve food
- wash dishes, clean and mop as needed
- take out trash, crush boxes, and clean food waste and compost bins as needed and as directed
- help with food prep and baking as needed
- serve seconds as needed
- work with other kitchen assistants, cooks, and food packers
- interact in a positive and appropriate manner with campers
- help with outdoor meals and “Juice and Crackers,” our daily afternoon snack.
Apply to be a Treetops kitchen assistant by filling out our online application.
For more information about our application, interview, and hiring process, please click here.