Nurses at Treetops must:
- be a licensed Registered Nurse in New York State
- have nursing experience
- have experience with children
- a desire to work and live in a camp community.
- responsible for the health and safety of all Treetops campers and staff — this may involve 24-hour care, which you would coordinate with other nurses
- store and dispense camper medications
- communication with parents as needed
- review camper and staff health forms
- maintain health log
- issue and maintain first aid kits
- participate in specific areas of staff training pertaining to issues of health and safety
- make appointments, when necessary, with medical/dental personnel in Lake Placid or Saranac Lake.
- coordinate the response to any medical emergency, illness, or outbreak in the camp community.
- monitor and evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions in camp.
Apply to be a Treetops nurse by filling out our online application.
For more information about our application, interview, and hiring process, please click here.